Monday 14 October 2013

The day after

The day following World Post Day, I made a trip to the GPO with Shilpa, and happened to run into the philatelist , Mr. Mainak,who bought over two dozen postcards from me the other day, to get them specially stamped from the GPO. A postcard saying "Celebrating World Post Day 2013" stamped on 09/10/2013 must mean a lot more to a philatelist that it would ever mean to me! I would probably just post it to someone like any other card!

Anyhow, he gave me a copy of this e-post that they circulated in the postal department and among their philately association, which said, "India Post wishes greetings on World Post Day, 9th October 2013. A display of post cards has been arranged by the students of NID Ahmedabad to promote letter writing and supporting philately as a hobby. One can buy a postcard for Rs 30/-, but if you write there and post it, it will cost only Rs 20/- inclusive of the postage charge. A novel way to enhance this hobby."



Interesting concept of e-post, that I had never heard of before. To reach the smaller areas, they mail the messages for the people there (probably to one common host in the area) and it is then printed out and distributed to the respective persons. Perfect combination and use of the internet and post I thought.

Thanks to Mr. Mainak, even I ended up getting a bunch of my postcards beautifully stamped at the GPO.


And then there was also a little newspaper coverage in Ahmedabad Mirror! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment