Thursday 25 July 2013

And then I was inspired :)

Right now, I'm in this poetry loving phase, thanks to the limericks that Shilpa keeps posting on Facebook.
So, here's my attempt at reconnecting with poetry after half a decade. :)


13/07/2013
Mr. Saran is summoned to court number Four, sir.
His Lordship is strict, they all know for sure, sir.
The judge is concentrating,
While everybody's waiting,
Until the moment they heard the sound of a snore, sir.


13/07/2013
A sleepy little girl names Bess,
One night, dreamt of a war-like mess.
To the soldiers' dismay,
The sergeant came to say,
"It's time for you to brush, Princess."


18/07/2013
In a funny little town called Synnagese,
They paint their house when someone has a disease.
The colours are all there,
But it's a miserly affair,
So the hubby says, "Honey, lend your hair please."


23/07/2013
I looked into my oven and noticed what was sittin'
Was a strawberry cake and a timid little kitten.
I knew not what to do,
For she'd be hot as stew,
But then I thought to myself, "Let's use a mitten."


12/07/2013 (A personalized version of a very clichéd one)
Neelesh had a whim to grow his beard,
Until it grew and grew to be weird.
He knew not why they all did stare,
Till the day he ruffled the hair,
And what came out was a little free bird.


14/07/2013 (From our weekend mornings in the hostel, playing this word game called 'Upwards')
Sunday morning has in store,
Words and words and words galore.
One step up,
Another above,
Will ensure a mighty score.




No comments:

Post a Comment